Home

image

My inquiry:

From: mailto:iloverickcabrera@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2014 4:10 PM
To: admin@cadillaclofts.com
Subject: Urgent Matter

I am a tenant and have an urgent matter to discuss with any of your representatives. Thank you very much.

Regards,

Rick Cabrera

Sent from my iPad using Mail+ for Outlook

Their Response:

On Mon, 19 May 2014 16:11:00 CDT, admin@cadillaclofts.com wrote:
Rick,

How may I help you?

Stella

My Response:

From: mailto:iloverickcabrera@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2014 4:18 PM
To: admin@cadillaclofts.com
Subject: RE: Urgent Matter

Stella,

I need your urgent help. My girlfriend’s best friend lives in your complex and has a litter of kittens that she rescued. She left the country for a few months and we were required to take care of them. But recently, my girlfriend got a last-minute fellowship and we needed to quickly leave the country for post-doctoral research. Unfortunately, in our haste, we forgot to leave food out for them. All that I am asking from you is that you feed the kittens still alive in the building. The white one is a little timid so you might have to feed it by chewing the food beforehand, and then delivering it into his throat. His name is Marbles, so if he won’t take the food, yell “Marbles! Eat your dinner!” This usually works for me. Not so much for the lady who live there. If any of them have not survived the fast, feel free to leave them there and I will dispose of them when I return. I can purchase more on eBay. I know that Cadillac Lofts is an animal loving environment. Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Rick Cabrera

Their Response:

On Mon, 19 May 2014 16:23:23 CDT, admin@cadillaclofts.com wrote:

Where are these kittens? What building?

My Response:

From: mailto:iloverickcabrera@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2014 4:34 PM
To: admin@cadillaclofts.com
Subject: RE: Urgent Matter

Stella,

Thanks for your expedient reply. It is my girlfriend’s best friend’s building, and I am desperately trying to get ahold of her to find out. She is in Budapest and doesn’t always get great reception. You might be able to hear them. They are probably very hungry and distraught. As sad as this is, you might be able to smell them. Have you had any complaints from residents concerning a strange smell coming from any of the buildings? Please email me back concerning this. I will inform you of the building number as soon as I get ahold of the tenant. Thank you very much for your concern.

Regards,

Rick Cabrera

Their Response:

On Mon, 19 May 2014 16:43:32 CDT, admin@cadillaclofts.com wrote:

I’ve not heard any concerns about kittens crying or visibility of them. My concern is where in the building. How long have they been on their own?

My Response:

From: iloverickcabrera@gmail.com [mailto:iloverickcabrera@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, May 19, 2014 5:14 PM
To: admin@cadillaclofts.com
Subject: RE: Urgent Matter

Stella,

Thank you so very much for your concern. My girlfriend and I have been gone for about a month and a half. Unfortunately, the tenant just acquired the kittens, and not the mother. They might have pried their way into the fridge or cupboard and found some food. But I would assume most of that would be canned goods, which not even the most vicious of cats would be able to open. It is quite possible that the live ones could have eaten the dead ones. I heard on NPR that cats have cannibalistic tendencies. But this would be a complete tragedy, as they are very cute. It would make disposal easier though. I have emailed and attempted to text the tenant to get the building number. This is all very sad, but people make mistakes sometimes. I am positive, through my experience with cats, that a knock on the door will make a very hungry cat meow loudly and repeatedly. This has almost happened to me before. Please contact me if you find out anything. I will email you back as well when I receive the information on the building number. Thanks again for your help with this matter. I am confident that this will all be resolved shortly.

Regards,

Rick Cabrera

Their Response:

Please keep in touch. I’ll send you an email if I hear anything.

Stella